10.07.2005

That's good stuff

Herb Roasted Chicken

This worked out surprisingly well. Before I would just pop chicken into the oven and usually it came out very uninspiring, somewhat dry. But this time I added a sage, parsley, garlic mixture with a hint of tabasco and lemon juice, rubbed it all over the chicken and under the skin. Also I rubbed salt all over it and even oiled it lightly with olive oil. It turned out excellent, juicy and flavorful. The recipie called for thyme or rosemary but I had neither. I really need to get those. That ghastly gash in the chicken is from my checking to see if it was done. I would have been more discreet about it but at the time I didn't feel like it. The green garnish is parlsey leaves and I used Kosher salt for rubbing into the chicken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home