10.09.2005

What to make for breakfast?

Crustless Herb Mushroom and Sausage Quiche
This is probably one of my more exotic dishes. I considered making a souffle which isn't as hard as some people think it is but I didn't have a container to bake it in. Apparently souffle requires a specific ceramic bakeware mostly only for souffles. The sides should be straight to let it rise.
Anyways, I could have added a crust but that would me A) I have a unbaked premade piecrust which I didn't or B) I make one from dough which was far too much effort on a saturday morning. So I made what's called a "crustless" quiche. Mostly basil, parsley, and sage. Still lack thyme and rosemary but I did get a new spice, nutmeg that I was able to use in this recipie. Also I got a new measuring cup so now I can actually measure my stuff instead of approximating everything. Anyways, the aluminum around the pie pan is due to the fact the pan is a bit messed up. I sprinkled parsley along the sides and bottom before pouring the mixture in. I used mushrooms and cut up more of the summer sausage we had. I wasn't entirely sure how it was going to turn out but it was pretty filling and definately pleasurable to eat. Just for good measure I had also sprinkled some parmeasen cheese on top while baking. I know it's early but it gives my mind a break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home